Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Day in Accra

Dear family,

So we are teaching this lady named Loretta. She is only a few years older than me but has 2 children. We found her a couple weeks ago and she is really cool. When we have lessons she is really focused and really wants to repent. The other day when we were leaving we were saying thank you and she said, "No thank you for changing my life." I have hopes that she will be baptized although she will be in Accra for the next month visiting the father of the children.

Thursday we were in Accra all day because Elder Okorie has now been out a year and had to renew his non-citizen ID card. The picture was of me and my MTC companion. It was really boring waiting there all day but I got to spend time with one of the newly called AP's Elder Quarshie who is a Ghanaian and is the most humble guy.  He asked me to go get food with him.  I love being able to meet different people and hear their own stories. It started to pour while we were getting the food and it was a fun memory I will have.

Friday we spent the day in Maase because Elder Okorie had to do baptisimal interviews. Maase is clear out in the middle of nowhere but it took us so long to get out there that it took our entire day.

A Day in the Mission Office in Accra
Anyways, it was a good week and I had a lot of insights in my personal study which always makes me want to improve.

Anyways, I hope all is well back home.

Love
Elder Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment