Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Craziness!



Picking Up the Mail for the Week
(He does it just like a real Ghanain!)
Mission Home Open House
This week was something. We were preparing for all types of conferences and parties and such. The post office was pretty crazy this week. We spent hours there trying to pick up all of the packages. We finished our project of buying sim cards and credit for people to call home. The cost of these types of things is crazy.

Mission Home Open House
The different events we had this week. We had a Mission Home open house party on Friday. It kinda fell flat. Only a couple people showed up. We had another one on Sunday evening and a lot more people came. Even Elder Nash from the area Presidency. I was in charge of the children and coloring with them. It was a lot of fun. I was coloring this picture of Mary and Baby Jesus with this 8 year old girl. I'm asking her about school and stuff. It is quiet for a while and she just says, "They shouldn't have killed Jesus, he was a good man." It was the cutest thing ever. So we had a little discussion about Jesus. It was a really fun night.


Saturday was our bush Christmas Zone conference. It was pretty good. We made Christmas cards for our investigators. Elder Harris talked about teaching about Jesus from the Book of Mormon. Elder Koronikalou told the Nephite Christmas story. Sister Heid talked about following the spirit's promptings. It was really good because I have been thinking a lot about that lately.

Dinner with President & Sister Heid
They Ate Too Much!
Sunday there was a great talk given by one of my favorite members. Sister Owuwumi talked about Sacrifice. It was probably the best talk I have heard in Ghana. It made me think about how as missionaries we are called to sacrifice.  All God has asked is that we sacrifice a little bit, even if we don't understand. Sister Owuwumi talked about Abraham sacrificing his son. He didn't know why. It was difficult. Abraham could have said, "Oh, God knows what a struggle it was to have this child, he would want for me to keep him." He could have said, "Oh, God is talking about the other people who have more than one son." or he could have said, "I don't understand why so I won't." But Abraham didn't ask any questions. He became as a little child and became willing to make the sacrifice.

Today we had a multi-zone activity at the beach. It was super fun. I got to play football and cards and some soccer. It reminded me of how much I love the beach. I love the breeze, the sound of the waves, the sand. Oh it was so nice! I did miss the ocean though.

Anyways, I love you all. I think I will try to skype around 3 my time. Our church has been changed to only 1 hour and at 9 so I am free pretty much all day. If you have any other requests of times or anything just email me and I will be able to view it.
I love you all so much.
Elder Shelton
Brigham's Apartment
Part of the Mission Offices Complex

Mission Office & Home Complex



No comments:

Post a Comment