Monday, September 18, 2017

God Be With You Til We Meet Again

Brigham arrives home from his mission in Ghana on 

Tuesday, September 26th! 

He will be speaking in his Sacrament Meeting on 

Sunday, October 15th at 1:00 p.m. 

1845 E. 7200 S.

Lunch to follow at his home 1688 E. Parkridge Dr. 

All are invited.


Dear Family,

I don't really know what to say. Today I went through all my old planners trying to find important phone numbers and contact information. As I turned through them all I saw the last 2 years of my life at a glance. All of my work and effort, tears and toil, happiness and successes, pains and pleasures. So many experiences and memories within those pages. It finally became real to me that it will all be over very soon. This is my letter to President Keyes:
It feels very strange to be writing my last letter to you. I remember so vividly my first to President Heid. I was so excited by everything and wanted to say so much. My heart was full. I feel the same way now. I don't quite know how I can just walk away from all of the experiences and miracles I have had here in Ghana. It is truly bitter-sweet. 
You always ask us if we know why we are called here. I can testify that I know I was called to the Ghana Accra Mission. It couldn't have been any other mission. It couldn't have been any other mission presidents. It couldn't have been any other companions. I have had so many experiences in which I knew I needed to be there at that exact time. So many people that have made an eternal impact on me. Specific people that I was prepared to meet. A certain culture that need to soften me. Certain difficulties that I needed to experience. Certain friends who I will love forever.
One of the beautiful things about the plan of salvation is that opposition and setbacks and difficulties are an essential part of the plan. I have often thought to myself, "Why did God send me to a mission in which I had to face this difficulty? I would have rather faced a different difficulty in a different place." Though my faith in those moments wasn't as strong as it should have been, I can say that I know those things were given to me for a reason. I think at no other time in life have I been so sad than on my mission. As well, no other time in my life have I had so much happiness than on my mission. 
I know it will be difficult to leave Ghana, but I also know that it can't last forever. It wouldn't be what it is if there wasn't an end. Although I will leave my Ghana family here I am excited to see my family again. Nothing compares with the joy of seeing a loved one again.
Well I guess this is it. I will see if I can shoot off a quick email next week from the mission home. If not God be with you til we meet again.

Love,
Elder Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment